How can I delete the "created by and last modified by" wording at the top of a page?

Gan Admin March 11, 2014

How can I delete the "created by and last modified by" wording at the top of a page?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2014

Hi Gan,

If you need to remove the "Created by" and "last modified" from top of the page, you should use the custom stylesheet.

You can take a look at this for more information about Confluence customization.

I tried following code on my Space Tools > Look and Feel > Stylesheet , to remove metadata from top of the page in one specific space.

.page-metadata-modification-info
{
display: none !important;
}

I would also recommend you to take check "How to Hide Elements in Confluence Using CSS or JavaScript" for more information.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Cheers,

Saleh

0 votes
E.L. Fridge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

FYI the proposed fix will only hide the names. You can still easily see them when viewing the source. Still, this may be enough to keep nosy people from viewing the names. To really keep them from getting there in the first place you'd have to edit the appropriate velocity template.

Does anyone have an idea which line in which file to comment out? We had thought about putting a conditional around it so that only logged in users would see this line.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2014
You can't, if you really do mean "answers", because you don't have a access to the code. If you mean one of the other atlassian systems, then it is a code change, but you will need to tell us which one for more help.
Gan Admin March 12, 2014

Thank you for your response. I working on a Confluence page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events