How can I customize a Space template?

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2016

When I create a new space, I would like to use a specific template instead of getting the "default" space layout.

Two questions about this:

1) do I need to create from scratch a full new space template? Or can I customize the "default" space?

2) in both cases, how to do it? Using the Velocity files or Decorators? Or is there an easiest (less technical) way?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2016

Hi Nicolas,

Have a look at our Add-on. It does exatly what you are looking for and it is really simple to use. The template is a normal confluence page tree and the end users simple press a button, filling out the form and the space is created.

Marketplace link: Space Tree Creator

Regards,
Stephan

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2016

Thanks for your feedback Stephan, however it does not fit with my need.

By 'customizing a Space template', I mean: improving the visual rendition of the native Confluence Space template by adding new HTML areas, some CSS rules and Javascript / jQuery events.

A basic example: instead of having the comments area at the bottom of every page, I put it in a right column area, created thanks to the 'HTML macro' and some jQuery code. From there, next time I create a space, I would like the comments area displayed in this right column area.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events