How can I create versioned documentation at my company using Confluence?

Anand Tungaturti December 30, 2016

Do I have to install add-on? If so, which one? At the moment, I am using Scroll Version but it does not seem to be same as what I see on the Confluence website.

3 answers

0 votes
Anand Tungaturti January 1, 2017

Thank you, Nic and Rodney, for your replies.

Rodney, I am working on product documentation and my product has versions (after each new release). I was actually referring to this kind of versioning. This exactly matches the way Confluence maintains its own versioned documentation where I can select a version (top right corner) and see if what I searching for is available in that version or not.

We'll try Scroll Viewport.

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2016

Cam you please describe how will you use this documentation? 

One of THE benefits of Confluence is that it handles versions of information automatically and you can return to previous versions at any time.

If you edit a page, Users will automatically only see the latest version but the old version is automatically archived.  You can still access all previous versions via the Ellipsis (three dot icon) and do comparisons from one to the other (much easier than Word's compare function)

Similarly with attachments - uploading a new version of the attachment - provided the file name is EXACTLY the same - the new version is the one everyone will see by default but the old versions are available via the Attachments page when you click the">" chevron to the left of the file name

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2016

Atlassian are using Scroll Viewport to handle the application version documentation.  (It's mentioned in the footer).  It's a little different to Versions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events