Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create page with a fixed-width table on a full-width page?

Mark Lee February 24, 2020

I would like to have a table (enclosed in a Page Properties macro) a fixed width, but the rest of the content in my page I want at full-width. 

Here is a mockup of what I'm trying to achieve:

mockup.png

...but, I have my table enclosed in a Page Properties macro. For some reason, this fixes my table width to the page width. So I can only get either this (A) when my page is set to 'fixed width' or (B) where my page is set to 'full-width': 

mockup2.png

The only thing I seem to be able to do is toggle between fixed and full width for all content, not just a section of the page. 

Does anybody have a solution for this?  

1 answer

1 vote
A.Hartley February 25, 2020

Have you tried using page layouts to manage this? It's not exactly fixed width, but the "Three column section with side-bars" (last one on the right) should get you close to your mock-up. Just place the Page Properties macro within the center section. Then the rest of your content can be in a separate section set to "Single column section."

layoutoptions.jpg

Mark Lee February 25, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly this doesn't quite get me there. This layout still has my table width equal to the page width, however because it's in a smaller container, a horizontal scroll bar is added: 

layout.png

A.Hartley February 26, 2020

Odd... I just created a mock up on one of my test pages and it wraps the text accordingly to keep it within the center column width. Perhaps your table is still set to Fixed Width? I noticed mine is set to Responsive, and the only time the horizontal scroll bar appears is when I adjust my browser to display extra narrow.

Mark Lee February 26, 2020

Can you clarify what you mean by this: "Perhaps your table is still set to Fixed Width"? 

I can't figure out how to set the table to fixed width (only the section of the page). 

A.Hartley February 27, 2020

When you click into your table, a secondary toolbar should appear below your standard editing toolbar. At the far left of this secondary toolbar is a button to toggle between Responsive and Fixed Width, which controls your table columns. If you see Fixed Width when you click into your table, click the down arrow and select Responsive instead, and hopefully that will resolve your issue.

If you don't see that option, perhaps you are using a different version than I have, and if that's the case, I'm not sure how to help.

Mark Lee February 27, 2020

Looks like I'm on a different version, I'm using Cloud Next Gen. 

Here's what I see: 

table.png

A.Hartley February 28, 2020

Oh. Yeah, I'm on an older server version and don't have a Table Options display like that. I just have a standard toolbar at the top for Paragraph settings, font, alignment, etc. And then when I click into my table, a second toolbar appears where I can insert and remove rows/columns, as well as set my column width to Responsive or Fixed width. I'd like to think the functionality should still be there in Cloud Next Gen, just not sure where you would find it.

Responsive.jpg

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events