How can I create an auto-link with [entry.FIELD_NAME1]+[entry.FIELD_NAME2]

Rohit Agarwal December 10, 2015

If I am creating a confiform field definition and selecting the definition type as 'autolink'

Basically I want to create a link with a prefix value and a dynamically added value to a field within the entry.

How do I achieve this concat ability?

do not bother too much with the autolink field definition type. If it is any other field definition type that I can use and present the resultant as a link on the entry. That should be fine.

To understand with an example:

Let us say, an entry in the form is: Facebook username: usernameXYZ

then it should create a link:

www.facebook.com/usernameXYZ

at least create the above link as the field value. If possible have a label for it: Facebook Profile(hyperlink or anchor tag).

Regards,

Rohit

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Hi @Rohit Agarwal

Very sorry for not addressing your question abot ConfiForms on Atlassian Answers earlier. It simply got unnoticed...

It is always better to ask us directly using the contact form on http://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Vertuna+LLC+Home

What you are trying to do is absolutely possible with ConfiForms and there a lot of way how to do that: we can use a calculated or formula filed to get this set or we can use Field Definition rules or we can use ConfiForms IFTTT macro to get the record updated "on save"

Please send your question and example storage format for form configuration directly to us, vertuna(at)vertuna.com and we help you

Best Regards

Sash 

Rohit Agarwal June 27, 2018

I figured a way to do it. Through the [entry.FIELD_NAME] URL pattern. works like a charm!

No worries on late responses!

Munyiva Ngea September 4, 2018

Hello,

Please give me an example of the URL pattern.

Thanks in advance.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

Add ConfiForms Field Definition of autolink to you form and configure the pattern parameter the way you want, mixing together static data with references to fields through [entry.field_name] notations to form a valid URL

Munyiva Ngea September 4, 2018
   <ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">sdgindicator</ac:parameter>
        <ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">SDG Indicator</ac:parameter>
        <ac:parameter ac:name="extras">true</ac:parameter>
        <ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter>
      </ac:structured-macro>
    </p>
    <p>
      <br/>
    </p>
    <p>
      <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="0b4bb35e-d088-4168-b07a-7c7e12d4f52c" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
        <ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">websitelink</ac:parameter>
        <ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Website Link</ac:parameter>
        <ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter>
    </p>
    <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="79c69b60-a9da-4c24-b26c-518fb27966d6" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
      <ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">sdglink</ac:parameter>
      <ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">SDG Link</ac:parameter>
      <ac:parameter ac:name="values">[entry.websitelink]|[entry.sdgindicator]</ac:parameter>
      <ac:parameter ac:name="extras">true</ac:parameter>
      <ac:parameter ac:name="type">autolink</ac:parameter>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events