How can I create a static/frames page in Confluence

JEB December 9, 2012

I would like to be able to set up a static navigation page, therefore embedding my content through a macro. Can anyone steer me on how to set this up. I have previously used Microsoft Frontpage and I like the usability to set frames, thereby keeping my navigation static and only needing to change the content.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

Hi there!

Confluence does not work exactly like this.

You can explore the RefinedWiki plugin, as it adds those features to Confluence. It's paid, though.

Something that you may be interested in looking into is the Documentation Theme. It will give you a navigation tree on the left. This can be easily customized. You should be able to find this info by searching for "Confluence documentation theme".

More than that, havin something menu-ish, will require some customization - which means writting a plugin for Confluence, to change its behavior.

There are many companies out there that offer this type of service. Look for Atlassian Experts for your region!

Good luck with Confluence

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2012

Hello,

I just want to point out that those plugins are not available for the OnDemand product - if you want to follow that route you would need to look into downloading the standalone software to install and host in house.

If you also have an example of what you're trying to accomplish, that might help us come up with additional suggestions.

Best,

-dave

Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

Well, it seems the Documentation theme is all he can do, then.

Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

back to my answer bellow...

JEB December 10, 2012

have just found out we now have this product in house, just migrated, so can you offer any new suggestions for in house.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events