How can I create a report of pages not viewed for n months?

Is there any way to find out when a page was last viewed? What I would like to have is a report that lists all the pages that haven't been viewed for e.g. the last 24 months.

I would like to have this to determine outdated/unused content. I know seems to be part of the functionality of the commercial Archiving Plugin, but we don't want to use this because of a number of other concerns (not becasue of the license fee, that wouldn't be a problem).

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Martin,

You might be interested in using google analytics with your Confluence to generate those report. Here's a blog on how to setup Confluence with google analytics http://davidsimpson.me/2009/03/18/tracking-atlassian-confluence-usage-with-google-analytics/.

Alternatively, you can make use of Go2Group Google Analytics plugin to do the same thing with less configuration. However this plugin is not free.

Hope this suggestion helps!

How would that work? We are using GA, but GA typically shows what gets visited, not what doesn't AFAIK.

As you pointed out, Archiving Plugin does exactly what you asked for, with its page view tracking feature.

What are the "other concerns" you mention? We are the developers of this plugin, and you are welcome to contact us by emailing to info@midori-global.com

I'm pretty sure we can work out the solution for you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,100 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you