How can I create a report of pages not viewed for n months?

Martin Moser May 22, 2014

Is there any way to find out when a page was last viewed? What I would like to have is a report that lists all the pages that haven't been viewed for e.g. the last 24 months.

I would like to have this to determine outdated/unused content. I know seems to be part of the functionality of the commercial Archiving Plugin, but we don't want to use this because of a number of other concerns (not becasue of the license fee, that wouldn't be a problem).

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2014

As you pointed out, Archiving Plugin does exactly what you asked for, with its page view tracking feature.

What are the "other concerns" you mention? We are the developers of this plugin, and you are welcome to contact us by emailing to info@midori-global.com

I'm pretty sure we can work out the solution for you.

0 votes
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2014

Hi Martin,

You might be interested in using google analytics with your Confluence to generate those report. Here's a blog on how to setup Confluence with google analytics http://davidsimpson.me/2009/03/18/tracking-atlassian-confluence-usage-with-google-analytics/.

Alternatively, you can make use of Go2Group Google Analytics plugin to do the same thing with less configuration. However this plugin is not free.

Hope this suggestion helps!

Martin Moser May 25, 2014

How would that work? We are using GA, but GA typically shows what gets visited, not what doesn't AFAIK.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events