How can I create a dynamic fields in Confluence?

Stoyan Andreev October 23, 2017

I would like to make a unique template for the projects we are working on.

For some fields it should get information from other pages in confluence and this information should be automatically updated when any changes have been made in the other page. Example for this information concerning any project: version, status, environment, etc.

Could you please advise if there is any available macro for this or is there a free of paid macro in the marketplace. 

My current version of Confluence is 5.10.4. Is it possible the features that I am searching for to be available in any of the most recent versions?

Thank you in advance for your attention and your support! 

Stoyan Andreev

2 answers

1 vote
Christo Mastoroudes [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

You could try the Excerpt macro.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/excerpt-macro-148062.html

If the answer solves your question, please mark it as accepted so that other people with the same issue can benefit from it.

Stoyan Andreev October 23, 2017

Hi Christo,

That works, but only when you want to choose just one field per page. 

Is there any other tool for transferring information from several field on a single page at a time?

Regards,

Stoyan

Christo Mastoroudes [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Hi,

It seems there is a Multi Excerpt app for that, although I have not used it myself. 

Might be worth a trial to see if it works for you.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/biz.artemissoftware.confluence.multiexcerpt.MultiExcerptMacro/server/installation

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2017

Hi Cristo,

Maybe our Easy Space Variables App could be a solution. The variables with their values are defined on space level.

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events