Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I copy Confluence page name and URL together?

Peter Kim April 7, 2023

We recently migrated to Confluence on Cloud and I started noticing a difference.

When I copy a page name and paste it on another application like Slack, the pasted page name is not a hyperlink.

Before the migration, the pasted page name was a hyperlink.

Is there something our administrator needs to do so that we can copy the text of the Confluence page name but the hyperlink as well?

Thanks. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mbamba
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2023

Hi @pet 

This seems like a slight difference in features between cloud and server.

I'd suggest installing the Confluence for Slack app https://strategic-integration.slack.com/apps/AC23SDS77-confluence-cloud?tab=more_info

After that you can switch to copy-pasting the URL from the browser instead of the page title.

That will automatically turn into Both Confluence Title and URL.

Peter Kim April 20, 2023

It took a while before I was able to install the Confluence Cloud app in Slack. As you said, when I copied and pasted the URL of the Confluence page on Slack message, it showed both the copied URL and the rectangular box with the page title with the space name.

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Peter Kim --

So you migrated to Cloud from Server or Data Center? That's interesting, I've been testing that migration and I never noticed this discrepancy, but it appears you're right.

On my Server instance, page titles are hyperlinks. Testing on Cloud just now they are not.

This is a weird thing to remove and kind of a bummer. I wonder if there's a bug open for that.

OH *weird*. Somebody reported this bug back in July and they said they could not reproduce. I wonder if this is a recent recurrence.

CONFCLOUD-66393 - The page title is no longer a link to itself

I would suggest opening a Support ticket with Atlassian to see if they know what's going on.

Is anybody else seeing this? @Nicolas Grossi ?

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2023

I am seeing this in my cloud version.

We also have Jira Cloud. I just tested there, and I cannot even select the text of an issue number to copy it. Instead, selecting the text is the same as clicking the issue number link—it opens the page for that issue in a new browser tab.

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Welp, @Sami Peachey from Atlassian confirmed that it is (unfortunately) WAI (working as intended):

Hello Darryl Lee! I actually "fixed" this behaviour back in 2020 but didn't update this ticket then, so when the ticket was closed in 2022, it was marked as "Cannot Reproduce", my apologies! The linking behaviour was unintentionally removed several years ago (probably 2016-2017). If my memory serves, when we were discussing about adding it back, it was decided that we shouldn't make it a proper link anymore (as people kept accidentally clicking it and reloading the page) and instead the click handler would remove the query parameters from the URL so the link could be copied more cleanly from the address bar. 

(CONFCLOUD-66393

Bjarne Andersen March 1, 2024

this was not solved.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events