Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control alignment?

Leslie_Jones July 21, 2022

I am having trouble controlling alignment, especially within bulleted and numbered lists. In the first image, the images and text line up exactly like I want.

AlignmentGood.jpg

However, even when I copy and paste, the second set of instructions do not line up (refer to the last image that is lined up under the "3" instead of under the text).

AlignmentBad.jpg

Below is another case where I would like to have the text indented. In edit mode, I can Tab the text over and it aligns under the text, but when I publish the page, the text moves back to the left margin.

TextAlignment.jpg

Any help in getting the alignment fixed would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Leslie

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

@Leslie_Jones is all you have to do is delete the white space between the test and image and then hit shift and enter to have a line break and not a new paragraph.  

In the first example image click on the end of the sentence after the period.  Delete the space between the period and the image without deleting the image.  Once the space is gone and the image is at the end of the sentence just use shift enter to get the proper alignment.

Leslie_Jones July 27, 2022

Using Shift Enter helped in the case of the last example (where I was indenting a block of text), but I still can't get the image under #3 in the second example to line up under the text like it is in the first example. I did notice something else though:

The first example has a more limited selection of options: just a link, Alt text, and delete... Help-1.jpg

...while the second example has several alignment options in addition to the link, Alt text, and delete. Also, I had tabbed the text immediately above the image over so it would align like I wanted under #3. I did NOT have to tab the text over to align it the way I wanted in the first example. Is the solution somewhere in these additional details?

Help-2.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events