Is this possible ?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

Claus,

I would look into our source editor.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor

It will give you the ability to edit the raw html of a page and ensure that your items are formatted like the following

&lt;ol&gt;
  &lt;li&gt; {picture1} &lt;/li&gt;
  &lt;li&gt; {picture2} &lt;/li&gt;
&lt;/ol&gt;

Nicholas Wade January 26, 2022

Yes but WHY should we have to buy an additional application to carry out a simple task?

25 votes
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

If using using the new edittor (aka, Confleunce version is greater then 4.0) we can start the list and at the end of the first line press 'shift+enter' to start a new line (but not a new numbered line). Then drag and drop the image into place and then press 'enter' which will start the next numbered line.

The above may be a bit confusing so I made a video at the following link as well showing the process, enjoy.

http://screencast.com/t/xxoAlagqWGny

Deleted user December 6, 2017

This is the holy grail of Confluence editing! I have no idea how many hours I've struggled with formatting lists containing code blocks and images but that stops now

Like Tim Oppenlander likes this
James Remeika June 1, 2018

This should be the accepted answer.

Like # people like this
Vicki Lea Tsang October 19, 2018

Bloody brilliant!

Like # people like this
Jessica Eisner March 29, 2019

This was super helpful & saved a ton of time and headache. Thank you!

Like Tim Oppenlander likes this
David Edwards-Hall June 12, 2019

I have been using this method successfully, but I have come across one list that refuses to play ball. Steps 1,2 and3 work OK, but from step 4 onwards the number appears alongside and at the foot of the image (see the attached Example).

Even stranger, the formatting looks fine in Edit mode, this only happens when I Publish. Can you suggest a reason. I have tired recreating the list, but the same things happens.

Rodney Cowled June 30, 2019

Agreed - This should be the accepted answer.

No plug-in needed.

Deleted user August 19, 2019

You saved my time thanks for this brilliant suggestion Shift + Enter !!!!!!

peter_bettens May 5, 2020

I was using shift+enter already, but it doesn't solve the problem for tables :-( .

Any ideas?

Like Bill Rudy likes this
Bill Rudy August 27, 2021

This does work, but a word of caution: make sure the table/picture/whatever is itself not copy/pasted from a numbered or bulleted list. It will not work in this case. 

1 vote
Deleted user September 20, 2017

I did it putting the pictures inside a div macro with a style display:table to solve positioning errors.

Char DeMaio March 7, 2019

Brilliant!

0 votes
Bharath_Venkat_Rajan October 15, 2019

1. text text 

2. <press enter here so it puts 3 below> <now click on backspace here and 3 changes to 2, now you can paste your picture here>

0 votes
Byron February 6, 2019

You can also drag a picture to a page.

0 votes
Gregory Palmer May 30, 2018

I found you can paste the image to a part of the page that is not a numbered list such as the bottom. Then you can click and drag it to under the numbered line you want.

If you paste the image to the number line it wont work and you cant drag the image to be under the line either. It must add something to the markup when you paste an image to the numbered line. You can only click and drag the image under the numbered line if no image was on the numbered line before.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2013

Hi,

with Wiki Markup, it works like this:

# abd \\ \\ !po1.jpg! \\ \\
# bdfs \\ \\ !po1.jpg! \\ \\
# asdf \\ \\ !po1.jpg! \\ \\

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events