Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I clone the meeting notes blueprint to customize multiple templates?

Sergio Aguilar January 22, 2018

Hi, I'm trying to create custom meeting notes, one for each project page I manage, hence I need to use different labels on each template for the task report and the content report table.

I'm trying to avoid manually adding the label on each meeting note page after it gets created, so I would like to clone the meeting notes blueprint and modify the default label automatically.

Creating a new template for meeting notes won't help, as the variables for current date and current user are not available outside the meeting notes blueprint.

Customizing the existing meeting notes blueprint will only work for one page, but not for the rest.

Is there anyway to achieve my goal? 

P.S:

I don't have admin access to the confluence server just to my particular space.

2 answers

0 votes
Matthew Walker June 12, 2018

You can almost certainly use a custom template to accomplish your goal.  Give it a try and see!

I. Creating the new custom template

1. Go to the Space where you want this blueprint to live
  2. Go to Space Settings (cog)
  3. Select Content Tools
  4. Scroll to the Template for which you'd like to make a custom version; in this case its Meeting Notes template.
  5. Open this Template and ctrl+c all content on page
  6. Close this Template
  7. Scroll back to top of the Content Tools page and hit the Create New Template button.  This will spawn up a blank page
  8. Paste your content from Meeting Notes Template into the page and edit as you see fit, including a title; let's call this one "Special Meetings"; hit Save.  

Yo will now need to create a way to access this template so that you can spin it up whenever you need to, e.g. at the beginning of a meeting.

II. Creating the button that spins up this new template

1. On the page from which you want to create these templates, such as a "Special Meetings", nav to the place on the page where you want to insert this button
  2. From the toolbar, select +, and then scroll down and select Insert Other Content
  3. Select Create From Template
  4. In the macro, add the name you want for the button, then scroll down and find your Template name; select it.
  5. Now add the title you want for the page you want to create each time.  (In our creation of the Template we used "Special Meeting", but that was basically just a placeholder to allow us to save the Template.  Now you can add the exact name for the meeting, so perhaps "Special Meeting - Notes".)
  6. Save!  
  7. Now test and smile....or frown and review your steps.
John Lee August 6, 2018

Meeting Notes Template cannot be opened (I'm on Confluence Cloud).  It's the only template that doesn't have an Edit button next to it

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

Hi Sergio,

I think there are a few ways to solve this using Event handlers for example. I think you should have a look at Scriptrunner for Confluence from Adaptavist, especially if you have other use cases that need some automation or you want to build custom macros. Feel free to drop me an email if you need further assistance, for example with evaluating the app - m.foerster@decadis.de

Best,

Max

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events