Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I click the root page iniside a page-tree-macro at the side bar?

Nico Boeck August 18, 2022

My problem is, that If I add the page-tree-macro to the sidebar and for example the root page is "Safety - Home" and the first child page name is "Safety - Info" that I can t see the root page inside the page - tree. So I only can open child pages but not the root page throw the page - tree.

Is there any opportunity?

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2022

Hi @Nico Boeck ,

have I understood correctly - none of your pages and page trees are child pages of the space's home page?

If this is the case I don't think it's possible to accomplish what you need with the page tree macro. It's designed to be used on pages rather than in the sidebar - as there is a native page tree in the sidebar.

Kind regards,

Nicolai

Nico Boeck August 18, 2022

No they are childs of the spaces home page.

I want to customize the sidebar a little bit with a mix of Page trees in Panels. So Its visual more attractive.

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2022

I see. It should work like this:

Have a new parent page for every former root page.

So if "Safety - Home" is a child page of the space's home page, create "Safety - Root" as the new parent page for "Safety - Home" (and new child regarding the home page). Set "Safety - Root" as the root page in the macro configuration.

Note that this might confuse users - for example when they stumble upon a page with no content using the search. It depends on your priorities ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events