Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I change the width of a table?

As the title suggests, I have a table I'd like to shrink down with the end goal of having multiple tables side by side. How can I do this? Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Stuart McMullin 

I thought a video of layouts and tables - might be useful. Video Link

You could try using a combination of layouts and tables - to get them side by side.  

Good luck!

G

Hi @Stuart McMullin ,

If you have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed for your instance, you may try the Table Transformer macro and its changing column width feature.

Here is an example with screenshots.

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for the response. I've seen that documentation. Simply put, I still don't see what you're talking about.

I don't have the options for responsive or fixed. Is there a place I can see this in action? 

I must have this in "fixed" as whenever I try to move the column width it doesn't move. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 7.19.41 PM.png

This appears to be the only option close to responsive vs fixed. 

Ollie Guan Community Leader Dec 17, 2020

Hi @Stuart McMullin ,

It seems that your instance has enabled the new editor.

Convert pages to the new editor

How to revert to legacy editor

@Ollie Guan Thanks for the help. It appears I have the new editor. Honestly, this shouldn't take an act of God to change the width of a table? 

I have to install a macro to change the width of a table? 

Like # people like this

I am having the same issue - I am adding a table with two columns, both with very short content, and would like the width of the table as a whole to reflect that, rather than stretching across the whole page, difficult to read. I can resize columns, but not the table as a whole. This is basic table formatting functionality available in every software application I've ever used - it should be not only possible, but easy/intuitive.

Atlassian - Please let us know what is being done to address this. I am not interested in complex layouts or plug-ins to accomplish something so basic.

Like Mark likes this

Agreed! I am having the same issue and it's quite frustrating.  A simple fixed width table shouldn't be so difficult to create! 

how frustrating is this, i bet a new kid will ipo something that is trivial not waste of time like this!

0 votes
Ollie Guan Community Leader Dec 17, 2020

Hi @Stuart McMullin ,

To resize table columns, just click and drag the column's border. To make other changes to your table, click inside it to reveal the table toolbar.

Column width modes

• Responsive – choose this mode if you want the table to expand as you add content. You can drag to resize the columns. It'll also resize itself to fit the page-viewer's window size (within reason).
  • Fixed width – choose this mode if you want to drag column borders to set width. Columns appear at your set size, regardless of content and window size.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/tables-136463.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,656 views 7 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you