How can I change page background color?

Using confluence 3.4 , I set following css at "Lool and Feel Stylesheet setting ".

But Page color did't change at all.

body { background-color:pink; }

Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

Thank you for reply.

But is there any other option to change background color of page?

Because I do not know how to add script shown previous answer.

thanks

Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Feb 05, 2013

Hey there, jukbys.

Since you mentioned that you are not too familiar on the application of script in your Confluence page, you might want to seek the assistance from the Atlassian Experts if you need help on this. Take note that the previous answer that provided by Daniel is meant for a single page. Unless you intend to change the whole layout of the Confluence page and you are do not have the resources, the Experts will be the best point of contact on this matter:

http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts#find-an-expert

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Danial

Hi Danial

Thank you very much!

What I want to do is to change the whole layout of the confluence page.

Befor I asked here , I had read Confluence manual, but could not find information.

By the way I wll ask Atlassian Experts.

regards,

jukbys

Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Feb 05, 2013

Hey there again, jukbys.

You are most welcome. The thing about customization is that there might be limited documentation on it. Hence, I believe that the Atlassian Experts will be able to help you with it. Good luck and all the best!

Warm regards,

Danial

Is there code to just highlight the background of one word?

Background colour for the whole page seems like a problem. I don't know if there is a perfect solution. This works partly:

@page {
background: green;
}

.wiki-content {
background: red;
}

@page colours the margin area, .wiki-content the text area in the middle. So combine them with the same colour. The limitation is that .wiki-content only covers areas with text. If your text ends at half the page's height the rest will stay white.

Is there code to just highlight the background of one word in the sentence?

You can try:

#content {
    background-color: green;
}
Found the following code on the Internet and put it inside
Bob Swift's wonderful HTML macro. It did set the background color for the
entire Confluence page. I'm using Confluence Server v. 5.

<style> body { display: block; margin: 8px; background-color: red; } body:focus { outline: none; } </style>

Most likely this code could get pared down further but this conveys the general idea.

---

"If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first."

Mark Twain

I should add that there still is an area of the Confluence content that the body style directive above does not re-color. This makes sense ... you would want the Confluence panel to be a different color than the browser's page.

It's possible that the @" page " or "#content" directions above would do that, but the context in which those directives would be used is not detailed by the writer. sad

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

287 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you