Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change page background color?

Junji Kobayashi February 5, 2013

Using confluence 3.4 , I set following css at "Lool and Feel Stylesheet setting ".

But Page color did't change at all.

body { background-color:pink; }

Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Thank you for reply.

But is there any other option to change background color of page?

Because I do not know how to add script shown previous answer.

thanks

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2013

Hey there, jukbys.

Since you mentioned that you are not too familiar on the application of script in your Confluence page, you might want to seek the assistance from the Atlassian Experts if you need help on this. Take note that the previous answer that provided by Daniel is meant for a single page. Unless you intend to change the whole layout of the Confluence page and you are do not have the resources, the Experts will be the best point of contact on this matter:

http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts#find-an-expert

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Danial

Hi Danial

Thank you very much!

What I want to do is to change the whole layout of the confluence page.

Befor I asked here , I had read Confluence manual, but could not find information.

By the way I wll ask Atlassian Experts.

regards,

jukbys

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2013

Hey there again, jukbys.

You are most welcome. The thing about customization is that there might be limited documentation on it. Hence, I believe that the Atlassian Experts will be able to help you with it. Good luck and all the best!

Warm regards,

Danial

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

Is there code to just highlight the background of one word?

2 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2013

Background colour for the whole page seems like a problem. I don't know if there is a perfect solution. This works partly:

@page {
background: green;
}

.wiki-content {
background: red;
}

@page colours the margin area, .wiki-content the text area in the middle. So combine them with the same colour. The limitation is that .wiki-content only covers areas with text. If your text ends at half the page's height the rest will stay white.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

Is there code to just highlight the background of one word in the sentence?

1 vote
Todd Katz June 18, 2015
Found the following code on the Internet and put it inside
Bob Swift's wonderful HTML macro. It did set the background color for the
entire Confluence page. I'm using Confluence Server v. 5.

<style> body { display: block; margin: 8px; background-color: red; } body:focus { outline: none; } </style>

Most likely this code could get pared down further but this conveys the general idea.

---

"If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first."

Mark Twain

1 vote
Anton Romm June 18, 2013

You can try:

#content {
    background-color: green;
}
0 votes
Todd Katz June 19, 2015

I should add that there still is an area of the Confluence content that the body style directive above does not re-color. This makes sense ... you would want the Confluence panel to be a different color than the browser's page.

It's possible that the @" page " or "#content" directions above would do that, but the context in which those directives would be used is not detailed by the writer. sad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events