Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change ldap url for Microsoft AD in Confluence

Blazej Chabierski February 26, 2013

Hi,

As Admin panel states: 'You cannot edit this directory because you are logged in through it, please log in as a locally authenticating user to edit it.'

How can I do this if I can't even logout (I stay logged in after clicking on 'log out' button) I am always logged in through the domain.

What else can I do ? is this url stored in some file ? I've looked but can't seem to find it.

Best Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Try this:

• Make sure you clean the history and cache entirely in your browser and then re-start the browser
  • Now, you should be able to edit the LDAP USer Directory

You should always make sure you have one admin account created in the local directory to make sure you can edit the LDAP User Directory in Confluence

Rgrds,

// Svante

Blazej Chabierski February 27, 2013

Thanks, that seems to be working because I am getting a login prompt.

I'm still having problem with the logging in though. I've added a local user with admin privileges but when I try logging in I get : 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

When I view the user in admin panel I see that the failed login counter is still '0':

Current Failed Login Count: 0

Any ideas ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Hmm, strange! The only thing that comes to mind is if your local account has the same name as an account in LDAP and that your order of User Directories is:

1. LDAP
  2. Local Directory

In this case you are trying to login with the LDAP account (which probably has a different password)

You could either switch the order to have Confluence look in the local directory first (which I think is NOT recommended for some reason) or re-create your local accout to be unique.

Makes sense?

Blazej Chabierski February 27, 2013

It's strange indeed. I've tried different unique user names and problem remains.

I am thinking that something must be blocking my loggin attempt before it's even gets verified, maybe IIS, I have to look into it.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2013

Sounds like a good approach!

Good luck with your trouble-shooting. Post a comment with your findings!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events