How can I change language in confluence page (I only have EN US in my context settings)

Olivier Pathy December 21, 2022

English US only.png

How do I change to Enlglish UK on my confluence page, I installed EN UK and set it as default in BOTH Firefox AND in atlassian AND I rebooted HOWEVER when I reight click on my page, ONLY EN US appears!.....

Come on Atlassian surely this minute asks is possible somehow (I've already wasted 1h+ and counting on this...)?!

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2022

Helli @Olivier Pahty

Are you referring to language dictionaries to correct the spelling? If so, you might need to review the settings of your preferred browser or app. Perhaps you can try Grammarly? It can set the English language to multiple variations. 

Best regards
Rodrigo

Olivier Pathy December 22, 2022

Hi @[deleted]
No: I am using Firefox and have set it to British English.
The language switcher proposes all installed language packs on all other pages in Firefox. Confluence is the only site where it hard-limit the choice to English (United States) only.
This seems to be yet another bug or limitation of Confluence Cloud, whose support does not care to reach out, preferring to let the nice people of the community handle things amongst ourselves and find our own workarounds... Not very professional Atlassian, (:thumbsdown:)

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2022

Hi @Olivier Pahty ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

This is probably a browser app and it is not a Confluence application feature.

Fabio

Stephanie Lamouret June 8, 2023

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ how are you doing? 
I have the same issue as @Olivier Pahty but with French. My menus and templates in Confluence are in French, and some other tabs are in English sometimes. I want English only. I have added the language in Confluence as per support's documentation and I changed my browser language to English only with no translation options from Google. It still appears in French. Is there anything you could suggest? 

(I even used a VPN with US-based or UK-based IP to see if things would change and it did not). 

Thank you !!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events