How can I automatically upload a file into Confluence Cloud?

Edward Wilson September 5, 2015

I am trying to create a confluence page for my team which will display the contents of an attached excel file. However, the values within the excel file (not the overall structure) change on a daily basis. If I upload the updated excel file with the same name, it overwrite the existing and displays the new values in my confluence page which is great however, it is not realistically possible to do this every day.

Ive done some research and the route I'm going down is to upload the file to the confluence cloud instance via a webdav (BitKinex, Cyberduck etc.) I can sucessfully upload a file into the Webdav but how do I then reference that file in the WebDav from my confluence page. I'm by no means an IT professional and I'm basically just hacking around, so if there are some much more simple solutions to achieve this that would also be great to know!!

Many thanks in advance for any help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2015

The WebDAV function on Cloud is not the same as WebDAV on Server versions - it's for uploading files for Confluence to import or for Atlassian to look at. 

This upload is not the same as attaching a file - it's not associated with a page.  You need to attach files to pages, so WebDAV here is not going to help you. 

I'd use REST to do it - there's a simple example at https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples

Edward Wilson September 6, 2015

Ok great, thanks Nic! I have absolutely no experience with this sort of stuff though! I have some .net programming experience but not much! Any suggestions on a good place to start with learning how to achieve this solution? Or am I in over my head already?

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events