How can I attach files showing a text-link?

Christoph Kuhnke November 6, 2019

In older Confluence versions this was possible.

Current Cloud version only can display attachments as big boxes consuming a lot of space and not aligning well with the surrounding text.

Also filenames are truncated.

I would really enjoy if Atlassian would resist to make their products worse and removing crucial features. 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hey @Christoph Kuhnke , thanks for sharing your questions with the whole community.

I understand that the migration from one format (old editor, tinyMCE) to the new one (new editor, Fabric) can bring some hardship. Currently, it is not possible to display files as text only.

We are fetching all and every piece of feedback we can. With this feedback, we are aiming to improve the tool as a whole. With this in mind, we have some reports where we can get and synthesize all of that. You can take a look here, Christoph:

Here is some background on how feedback can affect the product as a whole. Take a look:

I encourage you to go there and share your feedback about it. Also, watch and vote for it. Voting can help the visibility of the report to increase and watching it will keep you up to date with anything posted there.

Let us know more about your experience, Christoph!

Geoff Daly November 7, 2019

Hi Diego,

Making major changes like this has completely disrupted the way my company works.  It is more than a minor inconvenience.  I have been a confluence user for 14 years.  I am now looking for an alternative.

Not only can't you now put attachment links within the general flow of text, you also don't seem to be able to link to attachments on other pages.

The big boxes Christoph mentions above are unusable.

Without this functionality, Confluence is pretty useless to me.  I may as well put all my files in a filesystem somewhere.

Like # people like this
Christoph Kuhnke November 8, 2019

I perfectly agree to Geoff.

Jeremie Myhren November 25, 2019

Карпов Александр February 1, 2022

+ 1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events