Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I assign labels for child nodes (by SQL query)?

Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

Hi,

I use a very strict labelling in our Confluence instance. I have a node with hundreds of child nodes. To create some new reports and filters (site has label xy or has not label yz queries) I need some new labels. (How) can I create a batch process for that (e.g. by SQL query)? Also interesting is to know, how can I do it the other way round?

Best regards

Stefan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

Hi Anselmo,

because many sites I neededto relabel used a live-template (Customware), I simply used a macro to do that. First, I removed all labels with a small user macro:

#set($currentlabels = $content.getLabels())
#foreach($label in $currentlabels)
#set($success = ${action.labelManager.removeLabel($content, $label)})
#end

After I removed everything from that pages, I removed the user macro. Then I put an add-label macro in my live-template:

{add-label:MYLABEL}

And sometimes a second one to get some Scaffolding data:

{add-label:%data:tools%}

That did it for me, maybe it is helpful for you as well. Have fun and good luck!

0 votes
Anselmo February 10, 2013

I see, what this kind of query by labels is good for and want to use the same. But I want to do it without SQL.

The best I can imagine is a LabelManager, which shows all used labels in a hierarchy an gives the opportunity to apply them on certain levels of the hierarchy (assigning it to all children at once optionally).

Also replacing different spelling of labels should be possible. On top an undo function might make the solution perfect.

It's a long time to Christmas from now. Let's see, what Santa will have for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events