How can I as a non-admin user tell who is space admin for a space?

bjartenilsen October 16, 2011

We delegated user administration per space to space admins, but as a user needing some sort of change in their permissions to a space, or access at all - I cant' seem to find a info page about who space admins are. Is this even possible?

4 answers

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

Hi Bjarte,

If you are using the RefinedWiki plugin you can create a neat panel showing who is the Space Owner in each space. I have created this as part of my Space templates and it is super-easy to update the panel after space creation.

The Original Theme from RefinedWiki is a great plugin to make Confluence both more custumizable and easier to structure.

Cheers,

// Svante

0 votes
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

This is possible natively since 5.2 release of the app:

In the Spaces Directory, choose the new Space Details icon , or go to 'Space Tools' > 'Overview' within a space to view a list of all the users who have 'Space Admin' permissions for that space.

JamesT
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2015

This only works if you have permission to see that Space. If a Space is truly restricted, it doesn't even show up in the Space Directory for a non-authorized user.

0 votes
Betsy Walker
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2011

Take a look here for a set of user macros that will produce such a list on a Wiki page, assuming you use a standard naming convention for space groups that repesent "space admins."

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2011

Not out of the box: Not without a little 'coding' and API knowledge. I did a sort of space security audit-tool of my last Confluence instance with a set of Beanshells (see Bobs https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/SCRP/Beanshell+Macro ) which listed users and groups in a project (split between user and admin), in that tool the java code just generated wiki output. Er. oh yea, thats gone now, so would need some rework.

You could also do it with Bob's SQL plugin https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/SQL/Confluence+SQL+Plugin , a kind soul added http://come2niks.com/?p=821 a while back.

Always test Beanshells and SQL scripts on a test server. Do otherwise at your peril !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events