How can I allow non-admin to keep a local mirror?

Rhyne Armstrong October 18, 2011

I can do a backup and restore onto a local copy of Confluence. The problem is that the user is the admin of their local copy, but not of the "master" copy. When the user logs back in to the local copy, their local credentials are gone and their "master" credentials are not able to log in to the admin console to do the restore the next time they want to do a local synch.

Is there something that I am missing, where you can back up certain spaces and only have them download the XML files to import locally?

I do not want to give out a system admin password for the entire Intranet.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I was actually able to figure this out. While you can't do what I described, you CAN give users permissions to export spaces and then have them import into their local copies. Then, they only need to be admin on their local box and they can limit what they have in there.

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2011

Just a minor heads-up.

It has been my experience that if the space that they are exporting is large it can basically kill confluence if they do it during normal working hours.

Hopefully we will figure out how to do an automatic export of each space to a network directory so the user doesn't have to do this.

Thanks for the heads-up!

0 votes
Randall Ward {Appfire} October 19, 2011

Hi Rhyne,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Very interested in your feedback and would like to discuss if you have time. My email is randall [at] appfire [dot] com

Thanks!

0 votes
Ajay Goel October 18, 2011

Please feel free to reach out to firestarter@appfire.com. You can configure spaces for push or pull and you can asssign users with push/pull/both permissions on different spaces.

Thanks

We decided against Appfire. First, we didn't want to buy a minimum of 50 devices and second, the salesperson missed the appointment to contact me back. Very odd.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2011

As an alternative, you could try this out: http://www.appfire.com/firestarter/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events