How can I add `space` character in the "name" of xhtml-macro parameter?

lcristianiim August 9, 2017

There is the following xthml-macro:  

<xhtml-macro name="pinkbutton" class="ro.fortech.att.confluence.macro.PinkButtonMacro" key='pinkbutton'>
<description>PinkButton</description>
<category name="confluence-content"/>
<parameters>
<parameter name="label" required="true" type="string"/>
<parameter name="link" type="string" required="true"/>
</parameters>
</xhtml-macro>  

And also the following class:  

public class PinkButtonMacro extends FortechBaseMacro {
private static final String MACRO_BODY_TEMPLATE = "components/pinkbutton.vm";

@RequiresFormat(Format.View)
public String execute(Map<String, String> params, String body, ConversionContext conversionContext) throws MacroExecutionException {
Map<String, Object> context = MacroUtils.defaultVelocityContext();

putParamIfExists_EmptyTextIfNot(params, context, "label");
putParamIfExists_EmptyTextIfNot(params, context, "link");

return VelocityUtils.getRenderedTemplate(MACRO_BODY_TEMPLATE, context);
}

What I want is to replace the parameter name "label" to "Button label" and "link" to "Button link". The problem occures in the `execute` method because of the params.

Is there a way to get the params if there is a space character in the xhtml-macro parameter name?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2017

As far as I know, parameters cannot have spaces. Most of the time dashes are used instead, so button-label and button-link. If you want a different name to appear in the editor window, then you'll need to include it in the .properties file. See the example here for more details:

https://bitbucket.org/resah/confluence-macro-tutorial/src/d3b508ea01a78abdfb0a482a1bd3e477bb4be123/src/main/resources/?at=default

Dong Park October 31, 2023

Hi, the link is no longer working.  Could you explain how I can accomplish this?  Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events