How can I add space below a table within a section?

Kel Hill April 26, 2018

The bottom of a table in the previous page section sits too close to the heading in the following section. I have tried blank lines and I have tried Ctrl-blankline.

Any white space entered by adding blank lines gets closed up in the document display. The only solution SEEMS to be to add blank rows to the table, which might be interpreted by the reader as an incomplete table AND which still displays poorly, as it looks like what it is - a blank row which is jammed too closely to the next section's heading.

Confluence is sooooooo frustrating when it comes to formatting.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Hello @Kel Hill,

I'm facing the same issue on Confluence Cloud, the only workaround I've found is to add an empty section between two others, e.g.:

section.PNG

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Kel Hill April 26, 2018

Thanks, Manon. Much appreciated!

0 votes
raj vivid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 19, 2021

I ended up inserting a Markup and added <br/><br/> that ended up in creating some linebreaks.

linebreaks.PNG

0 votes
Jan Grec
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 10, 2021

insert white picture in between.. :d

Kel Hill August 10, 2021

That would be an effective work-around for those not using dark mode. However, it will create unwanted white blocks for those using dark mode, which is continually growing in popularity. A more professional solution would be to make the system heed space inserted manually by trailing hard returns or enable the setting of hard margins on all four sides of the content within a block.

0 votes
Marieve Jobidon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 7, 2019

My tables are in the middle of numbered lists. If I add a section, the list restarts. 

Any solution?

Marieve Jobidon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 7, 2019

Nevermind, section macro :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events