Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add notes to a task that was assigned to me without going into Editor?

Edward Laxton April 23, 2015

I want to write a ststus comment to an assigned task but not edit the task.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2015

There isn't a way! Tasks in Confluence are very simple and they do not support comments or "statuses" besides "Complete or Incomplete" (checked or unchecked)

If you need comments on status changes you should consider moving this workflow into JIRA.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2015

Hello @Edward Laxton, first and foremost I want to make a distinction: I do not work for Atlassian. Atlassian Answers is a user-support forum for Atlassian Products. I work for an Atlassian consultant, BlackPearl PDM, and like to help out around here. If you need support the method is support.atlassian.com.

Now, in response to your new question: The documentation you copied that bit from from is for Confluence 5.4. In Confluence 5.5 Tasks were reworked and now populate in a different spot on your profile. Please see the new documentation hereConfluence Latest: Add, Assign, and View Tasks

Marc Archer May 23, 2018

Hi @Steven F Behnke.  I have the same question you originally responded to, but now, 3 years later and am hoping there is a new tip or trick to accomplish the end goal you can share.

I am using the Cloud based Confluence and the default template for meeting minutes.  I am creating action items with assignments and dates.  I want to make it easy for people to provide a status and/or respond to action items, not just click "complete".  Any suggestions using any Confluence functionality to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Marc

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

Howdy.

No, there's been no real change on this front. To be frank, tasks in Confluence are not a task tracker replacement. In my opinion, task tracking (by users) in confluence is best kept extremely simple.

0 votes
Edward Laxton April 27, 2015

I was not able to get this to work.  Item #6.  How do I do this?

This is from your documentation.

To manage your tasks:

1. Choose the workbox icon  in the Confluence page header.
    • You can use the keyboard shortcut: Type g then n. (When in the Confluence editor, click outside the editor pane before pressing the keyboard shortcut keys.)
    • The icon indicates the number of unread notifications.
  2. Choose the personal tasks icon:
  3. To add a task and assign it to yourself, type the task summary in the text box and choose Add task.
  4. To prioritise tasks, drag and drop them into your chosen order. (Click a task, hold down your mouse button to drag the task into position, then release the mouse button.) 
  5. To complete a task, or mark it as incomplete, choose the check box next to the task.
  6. To add notes to a task and see further information (for example, a related page) choose the task item. The task details dialog will open.
  7. To see the tasks that are marked as complete, choose View completed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events