How can I add my javadoc site to confluence search?

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2013

We want our published javadoc to show up in confluence searches and be governed by our confluence access controls. At present, we convert the javadoc into space backup xml and import it. This isn't ideal since the formatting is a little off.

Is there a way to have an external javadoc site be searchable / displayed only through confluence?

Thanks

Peter

2 answers

1 vote
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

Follow up to this. We're about to start using the Google Custom Search Engine (CSE) in our Confluence instance. We're replacing the build-in Lucene search with this. It costs a few hundred dollars a year, but the result is great.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2013

I'm very interested in knowing if you find a way to do it. Our site has our usage doc in Confluence and API docs from Doxygen (and JSDoc). Doxygen and JSDoc have their own "search" functionality.

I researched this a few months ago and did not find any good solutions. The searches are basically silos. If there is a way to point Lucene towards external content, I'd love to know!

The conclusion I reached was that we could a google search appliance for federated search.

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2013

There's a javadoc plugin but the highest confluence it supports is 4.15

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events