How can I add multiple users to a group?

Steve Gallant November 20, 2015

I've looked through the various posts on this and I can't seem to find a way to do this through the interface. I find it hard to believe that this wouldn't be an option. 

I have to add about 50 users to 45 groups. The answer can't be to just type the names in one by one, over and over. I don't see any options to bulk select users. What am I missing?

Thanks!

confluence - bulk add.png

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Gallant November 26, 2015

Nevermind, I figured it out on my own. I've scripted the user submission process and used Alfred to perform the action. You can just remove the Alfred elements from the script if you want to use something else. Have a look below and just repeat it as many times as you need it.

on alfred_script(q)

tell application "Google Chrome"

tell application "System Events"

keystroke "USER1"

delay 1

keystroke return

keystroke "USER2"

delay 1

keystroke return

end tell

end tell

end alfred_script

0 votes
Adam Labus August 1, 2017
0 votes
Steve Gallant November 23, 2015

Thanks for the response. I'm not able to view that issue. There seems to be an issue with the required macro:

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 9.56.57 AM.png

Is there a way to format a string of text that would recognize multiple users? Comma separated doesn't seem to work.

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2015

Unfortunately, this feature does not exist in Cloud. Please watch the the request and feel free to comment: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-126

A workaround you may consider would be to create a csv file with the users and the group membership.
Upload the csv to WebDAV in the instance.  Then contact support to perform the import for you.

Further info on this:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events