Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I add line breaks in my page history comments?

I would like to be able to note multiple changes as part of the page history for a particular page and would like to be able to have them show up on separate lines.

Currently, when I add a long list of changes to the "What did you change?" field when I update a page, I get an entry that's on a single line which I need to scroll over very far to the right to read and which extends the width of the page substantially.

I would like to mitigate this issue by being able to add line breaks into my page history comments. Is there a way that I can use <br> in this field such that Confluence will incorporate the line break?

Here is an example of what I would like to achieve using Chrome's inspect function to add the line breaks to the html of the comment text:

2021-03-30_12-19-44.png

And here is the modified html from Chrome:

2021-03-30_12-27-16.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,447 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you