Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add line breaks in my page history comments?

Jonathan Sawatsky March 30, 2021

I would like to be able to note multiple changes as part of the page history for a particular page and would like to be able to have them show up on separate lines.

Currently, when I add a long list of changes to the "What did you change?" field when I update a page, I get an entry that's on a single line which I need to scroll over very far to the right to read and which extends the width of the page substantially.

I would like to mitigate this issue by being able to add line breaks into my page history comments. Is there a way that I can use <br> in this field such that Confluence will incorporate the line break?

Here is an example of what I would like to achieve using Chrome's inspect function to add the line breaks to the html of the comment text:

2021-03-30_12-19-44.png

And here is the modified html from Chrome:

2021-03-30_12-27-16.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

@Jonathan Sawatsky The content in that field when you save the page is just plain text so there is not really any way to injust or include HTML unfortunately.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events