How can I add categorization and watermarks to Confluence pages for exports?

Merve Nur Sevinç April 16, 2024

Hi,

I'm looking to implement categorization (e.g., general, internal, confidential) on Confluence pages and have watermarks appear on the PDF and Word exports of these pages. Could you guide me on how to achieve this on Confluence Data Center?

Watermarks could be visible in the header or foother or as behind the text. 

Thanks a lot! 

1 answer

0 votes
Prakash Murugesan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

@Merve Nur Sevinç 

Create Labels: Define the categories you want to use (e.g., general, internal, confidential) and create corresponding labels in Confluence.

then apply labels: add the appropriate labels to your Confluence pages to categorize them accordingly. You can add labels manually or automate the process using macros or scripts

display labels: consider displaying the labels prominently on your Confluence pages to make the categorization clear to users. You can use macros or custom templates to achieve this.
 for watermark, Use PDF and Word Templates: Customize the PDF and Word export templates in Confluence to include watermarks. You can modify the templates to add watermark images or text in the header, footer, or behind the text

Customize Export Settings: Configure the export settings in Confluence to apply the customized templates when exporting pages to PDF or Word format.

Test and Refine: Test the export process to ensure that the watermarks appear correctly in the exported documents. Make any necessary adjustments to the templates or settings to achieve the desired result. 
please let me know if this helps

Merve Nur Sevinç April 18, 2024

Hi Prakash, 

Thank you for your response. However, I received a similar answer from ChatGPT and it is too broad for me to apply the solution. 

Do you have any recommendation for labeling? Can I use Confluence's default page label? Do you recommend and add-on for automation of the labeling?

Also, Confluence's own PDF export settings apply to all pages and spaces. Is there a way to customise it base on the labels? 

Thank you, 

Prakash Murugesan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2024

@Merve Nur Sevinç yes , you can use Confluence's default page labels to categorize and organize pages based on criteria like content type or project. For more advanced labeling and automation, consider add-ons like "Label Manager for Confluence" or "Label Tools for Confluence". Unfortunately, Confluence's native PDF export applies the same settings to all pages, but add-ons like "Scroll PDF Exporter" offer customization based on labels. 

Merve Nur Sevinç April 24, 2024

Dear Prakash,

Thank you for sharing your insight. Besides the add-ons, I'm curious to know if I can differentiate watermarks based on tags assigned to Confluence pages. Suppose I've tagged pages as "confidential," "internal," and "general," and I'd like Confluence to display watermarks corresponding to these tags. Could this be achieved using CSS? 

Looking forward to your guidance on this matter.

Thank you in advance, 

Prakash Murugesan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2024

@Merve Nur Sevinç yes we can do based on tags. you are right it can be done using custom CSS rules.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events