How can I add a link to an undefined page?

Dustin Schneider November 22, 2019

Hi there,

I am kinda new to confluence and try to create a project documentation. I wanted to set up a page which contains links to 'not yet created' pages, so other users can actually create those pages and fill them with content.

I was browsing through the offical documentation and found out, that an option for this exists:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/insert-links-and-anchors-724764900.html#InsertLinksandAnchors-Linktoanundefinedpage(apagethatdoesnotexistyet)undefinedpages

But sadly I cant figure out how to add those links as there is no 'Advanced'-Option I can choose. Is this feature removed or is there another way to add them except using the 'Add-Link' Funtion (ctrl + k)?

Cheers,

Dustin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2019

Hi @Dustin Schneider ,

The ability to link to placeholder (undefined page) was taken away in Confluence with the release of the new Confluence Editor, and unfortunately the documentation hasn't been updated to reflect that.  

Fortunately, this feature now listed in the short-term backlog to be returned. You can show your interest by adding comments and voting for it in this Jira issue. You may also want to open a support ticket to report how this particular issue affects your company's workflow. 

Also check out the Confluence New Editor Roadmap, which details all the differences between the old editor and the new editor.

--Sharon

Dustin Schneider November 25, 2019

Hi @Sharon Helms ,

thank you very much for clarifying this.

Iam looking forward to see this feature being reimplemented in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events