Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I add a background color to row in table?

I don't see this setting on my confluence page to add background color to a row in table???

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 12.02.09 PM.png

1 answer

Hi @Anne-Marie Colendich,

Just highlight the row by clicking the narrow grey placeholder at the left side of that row. It will highlight the entire row.

Then, you will see a tiny arrow appear when you hover over any cell in that row.

Clicking the arrow will pop up a menu where you can select background color:

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 08.46.43.png 

I've performed this action, but for some reason the option change Cell Background still isn't showing. I do see the options for Insert/Remove etc. Any other thoughts for why this might be? The tables that have colors I need to change, are being copy/pasted from word and already contain a color -- However, I need to change the color it pastes in.

Like # people like this

This feature disappeared.  Is there a switch that will turn this on?

Like Geor Villafuerte likes this

Just found it as describedScreenshot 2022-02-21 at 13.10.52.png

Yea. I’m wondering if this is a software version specific feature, one that may be disabled under certain cases of copy/pasting text, or as someone else has suggested, perhaps there’s a switch which administrators have turned off.  It was definitely not there for me despite looking in many locations beyond the one suggested. 

It seems, this feature is only available in Confluence. There is no "Cell background" option in Jira. So you might be editing the table in Jira?

Screenshot 2022-02-23 144013.png

Like # people like this

I would have sworn I saw this feature (I still have coloured cells) but I can't see it anymore :-/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events