How can I access and affect Host's DOM (parent DOM) from add-on app's iframe?

kaqiu pi October 25, 2019

I'm developing a add-on app that can dynamically change confluence cloud pages'  background by different conditions.(insert a background image into cloud confluence pages ). 

I have investigated that I can't use a Web Resource module to introduce JavaScript files to run on pages,So I want to use Macro Modules or something else to insert iframe and run its JavaScript Code to change page background , But Because of Same Origin Policy I cannot access and affect it's parent DOM.

What am I supposed to do?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 26, 2019

In the Cloud you're not supposed to access the parent DOM or run any JavaScript on the parent page. That's one of the reasons why in the Cloud apps are inside iframes in the first place. So, I'm sorry but what you want to do isn't technically possible right now.

By the way, if you have questions regarding the development of apps you should know about the Atlassian Developer Community. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events