Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How add simple chart (No data available)

Sergey Korostelev March 7, 2019

Hi. I want add simple chart to page and edit it, but i see "No Data Available"

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2019

Sergey,

The Chart Macro requires that you provide it data in the form of a table.

Could you show us what your table looks like? It seems that Confluence isn't able to extract data from that table.

Regards,

Shannon

Markus_Staeck March 8, 2020

I would love to see a screen shot and maybe even an example of a working chart macro during its creation. I copied the chart data from one of the chart wiki pages, but fail to get past the no data available stage. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2020

Hi Markus,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

I've been able to create a working Chart Macro using the examples from the the Chart Macro documentation. Could you show me the table that you copied in your Confluence page so I can determine why it might be showing no data available? Please also share the parameters of the Chart Macro you're attempting to insert.

Thank you,

Shannon

Monika Griffin May 13, 2020

Hi there,  I finally managed to get a pie chart with following table. 

chart makro table.PNGAfter this This problem solved I would very much like to use a report-table from a workflow plugin to be shown as a chart. This table unfortunately looks like this and I get "no data" as result.

chart makro table.PNG

Am I right in assuming, that this is not going to work with this table?

Thanks very much for help and kind regards, Monika

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2020

Hi Monika,

I'm sorry for the delay, as I've been out.

I tested your initial table, and it just looks like you'll need to adjust your parameters if you want to read from a table like that. For example, here's how your chart looks on my page as a graph.

CleanShot 2020-06-08 at 15.33.43.png

If I add the use of the Columns parameter, I can get the data to display in a table like this:

CleanShot 2020-06-08 at 15.52.47.png

CleanShot 2020-06-08 at 15.49.50.png

You can see here that I am telling Confluence that columns 1, 2, and 3 will contain the data I need to display. Note that I changed some other parameters to clean up the look a bit.

Can you try that and see if it helps you to display your tables how you had them?

Take care,

Shannon

Monika Griffin June 10, 2020

Hi Shannon, Thank you very much for the explanation, which made it very easy!
It helped me a lot - especially to better understand the selectable parameters.

Stay safe, cheers, Monika

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 10, 2020

Hi Monika,

You're welcome! Happy it helped you. :) 

Take care, and stay safe too!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events