How Do I get the Documentation Sidebar to not Default to Hidden?

Arieze Kanji June 25, 2012

For some reason in Confluence, the documentation theme Sidebar is always hidden until the user hits the button at the top of the page. How do I get it to default to being showed upon login?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2012

Edit the Custom HTML in the Confluence Admin section. In At the end of the HEAD add:

<script>
  AJS.toInit(function(){
    AJS.$('#splitter-button.collapsed').click();
  });
</script>

Arieze Kanji June 27, 2012

Thanks! This got the job done!

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012
The default behaviour as far as I know is for the sidebar to be shown, not hidden. I'd suggest seeing if any JavaScript errors occur during page load, which may relate to the sidebar. Are you seeing the same behaviour in all browsers? What version of Confluence / Documentation theme are you using?
Arieze Kanji June 26, 2012

Yep. It's in both Chrome and Firefox, and it's something that's affecting all of my users. Using Firebug, I'm not seeing any JS errors. So, I don't know what it could be. Do any of you know what it could be, or potentially any way to force the system to show it?

I'm using confluence 4.2.2 and Documentation version 4.2.2

Andrew Cooper July 16, 2012

I'm having the same issue, I think. I'm running versino 4.2.4 of Confluence and the Documentation theme. The theme works fine in IE8, but it looks like the initialisation script is not running in Firefox. I can see the Documentation Theme header and footer, but not he sidebar or the menu-bar button to turn the side-bar on and off. This is in Firefox 10.0.5. In the Firefox web console I can see the doc-theme.js script being loaded, but no errors from it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events