We have an intranet Confluence version 4.2.13. The Server is installed in Windows and uses MS SQL Server for the DB.
We want to move a 'Space' from this one to our new Cloud Confluence site.
One way I to accomplish this is to install 4.2 locally and restore from a backup, and then upgrade to 4.3 and then the latest version, and then EXPORT that space and IMPORT into Cloud Confluence.
The Weekly backup isn't working - disabled, and I'm not sure how to get the backup.
How do I get the backup? Is there a better way?
Can I backup just by copying files and restore the SQL DB?
That's the roadmap I recommend for your case.
* Copy your 4.2.13 Confluence home folder to another server
* Clone your production database
* On the new server point your home folder to the cloned database
* Upgrade the new server from 4.2.13 to 5.0.3
* Upgrade from 5.0.3 to latest version
* Export the space to XML
* Import it on your OnDemmand instance.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG