It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How Can I Create Fixed-Width Pages? Edited

Greetings!

I am new to using Confluence (having come from a SharePoint environment) and we are using Confluence 6.15.7 at my company, and I would like to know if it is possible to create a fixed width page?

I am creating a series of pages that would all use the same "template" -- which is to say the two column ( xx|x with the larger column on the left and smaller on right), as well as a single column for headers, etc.  I want to be able to keep these columns the SAME SIZE no matter how larger the window is -- we use both laptops and larger screens, so keeping the formatting consistent has been a major pain point for me.

Is there a (hopefully simple) way to set the page to the "full size" of the columns, so that the columns and content will display without large gaps between columns, and/or without scrollbars appearing?

For example:

ConSample.jpg

In the sample above, the two columns should stay the same widths, regardless of how large the browser window is.

Any help is appreciated.

--Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic_Lagger Community Leader Nov 26, 2019

Hi @David Pipgras 

I don't think there is a proper solution with the "sections". The only way I could think of is to use a "Fixed table". 

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you