Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot to add macros to a header, footer or sidebar?

Tiberiu_Cristea August 11, 2017

Hi,

I noticed that I can customize the sidebar, header and footer in Confluence 5.10.

I would like to add a livesearch macro in the header, but when I paste this, it is displayed as such:

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="eeede5a3-a0bd-4a99-b7ca-5aa3f5e8043b" ac:name="livesearch" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="spaceKey">
<ri:space ri:space-key="bqc"/>
</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro> 

Any help with this?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

You should be able to get it to work by inputting it in the old wiki markup format:

{livesearch:spaceKey=bqc}

The alignment might be off because the header is set to be center-aligned, but it should still work. 

Hauke Hörhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2018

I tried that with the Metadata 2 Plugin (https://comalatech.jira.com/wiki/spaces/META/overview), but the stuff is not rendering when I put for example this in the main.vmd file:

{space-metadata-from:Release-Version}

Do you have any ideas how to accomplish rendering stuff from the Metadata 2 Plugin in a Velocity file?

Christina Hiller May 31, 2019

Using the suggested {livesearch:spaceKey=xxx} works great in the header.  I'm wondering if there is a way to get just that macro to have its standard alignment for search results, rather then retaining the space header center alignment.

1 vote
Sophie Forceno June 22, 2023

It appears that adding {livesearch:spaceKey=xxx} to the header no longer works, at least not for me. No search box is displayed in header, although I can add it to pages just fine.

Richard J_ Rasor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 26, 2023

We are having a similar issue.  When we use the above referenced way to add macros, we get an error stating that the macro can't be found.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events