Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting HTML pages (about 1000) and making is searchable

Chitra Patil January 25, 2012

I have a large number of HTML pages (API reference) that need to hosted and made searchable. I don't have experitise in php or Javascript and am having a hard time converting. I have tried the plugin h2c, but it didn't work correctly.

My HTML pages are grouped and have a collapsible menu.

I am still evaluating Confluence to see if it works for us. Any advise on how to host the html pages without the need of php/Javascript expertise?

6 answers

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi, to host static html files, you simply need a web server, e.g. nginx, apache, IIS or lighthttpd. If you need Confluence along with these html files, you can add another context in Tomcat to point Tomcat that hosts Confluence to these extra files.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

Use doxygen to generate the files from the Java sources. Doxygen really has some nice features to build an index on those files (static!).

You will have to read the manual, but it's free and has very good results. At least for me, it was great.

You can even take out the generated files and include them in your own javadoc (if you do not like the style, which you can configure, btw).

Doxy rules !

0 votes
Chitra Patil February 14, 2012

We already generate the files using Doxygen like tool. But we cannot host those files (HTML) generated by doxygen on Confluence. That is why I am having the problem.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2012

For static files, you do not need Confluence

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

Just my 2c, but I don't think confluence is the best place for API docs, eg javadoc or whatnot. You should give something like nexus OSS a try.

0 votes
Jason Huntley
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

What problems did you encounter with the H2C plugin?

0 votes
Jason Huntley
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

What problems did you encounter with the H2C plugin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events