Host the website(html pages) in confluence

Dolly P May 17, 2019

I need to host the website(html pages) in confluence.

I have added the related folder "XYZ" in path /opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/ , and trying to access the index page with url as https://confluence_url/XYZ/html_folder/index.html but the page is not displayed , though I can see the source code but it is not rendered , not in proper format.

I have checked the existing confluence plugins but all are in placed. Can you please suggest what might be an issue.

Reference used from --  https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-use-confluence-to-serve-static-content-677282407.html 

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2020

Hi @Dolly P ,

If I understand correctly in your Internet browser you can see the html code by viewing the page source, but this is not rendered when you try to open the page normally.

If this is correct then I believe you are facing the bug mentioned in the KB article you mentioned for reference:

Please review above bug since it is providing more information as well as possible ways to workaround the issue:

Workaround

Plugin Folder:
Inside <Confluence-Install-Directory>/confluence, create a folder called plugins. Browse to <Confluence-Install-Directory>/confluence/plugins and drop the AtlassianTest.html inside it. Try to access the file through the following path: <YOURBASEURL>/plugins/AtlassianTest.html and it will render your content just fine.

HTML Injection:
Parallel to that, you may inject the following HTML to your code, inside the header part:

<meta name="decorator" content="none"/>

In the end, your code should look like this:

<html>
<header>
 <meta name="decorator" content="none"/>
 <title>This is title</title>
</header>
<body>
Hello world
</body>
</html>

With this, you can place your custom inside <Confluence-Install-Directory>/confluence directory and it should render fine.

Some other information is available in the comments to the bug ticket.

Please vote for the above bug ticket and set yourself as a watcher so that you will be notified in case of any update/progress. The bug will be addressed according to the Atlassian Cloud bug fixing policy.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events