Host redirection

Christof Jegen October 22, 2014

Hello together

Our customer is running JIRA and Confluence on the same Machine (Windows 7). JIRA with port 8080 and Confluence with port 8090. Now he wants to type JIRA or confluence in his browser to get to the right portal. DNS records are existing, but of course the Port-Redirection is somewhere configured in apache tomcat, but where? And what do i have to configure?

Thanks for your answers.

Christof

2 answers

0 votes

thanks for the very fast answer smile

that's not exactly what i mean. other way smile is it not possible to config apache, when the url is "wiki" then it has to start the site with port 8090 and when the url is "jira" to go to port 8080? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2014

Ahh, you want Apache proxypass functions. You set up one for yourserver/wiki that proxies the requests to yourserver/wiki:8090 and another for yourserver/jira that proxies to yourserver/jira:8080 Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Apache+with+mod_proxy

thanks a lot, i have a look at it :-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2014

You can't run them both on the same port, you're going to need to use a proxy if they're on the same machine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events