Highlight or jump to search result on page

name March 22, 2012

Is there a way to either highlight a search result on the result page or jump to the part on the page containing to best result?

With highlighting I mean similiar to the google search.

I know, that the search result page is showing the pages and found key words, but I would be much more interested in the page I can find my key words on...

6 answers

4 votes
Atlassians March 27, 2012

I need the same feature. Currently there might be a workaround going via the search provider and using a 3rd party tool highlight the search key words, but I prefer to have a plugin within confluence or have this feature implemented directly into confluence.

If not, I guess we will develop a plugin for this (if possible).

name April 17, 2012

Hi ease,

did you find a way to realize this?

2 votes
patricks May 27, 2016

even a simple p.m. wiki can do that.

atlassian, don't be lazy! 

1 vote
Caroline Browne January 20, 2015

I need the same feature. Is a third-party or Confluence plugin available yet?

1 vote
name July 24, 2012

Hi Matthew,

I would need highlightning on the result page, not on the "SERP".

Even better would be to direct the user to the part on a page, where the key words were found.

1 vote
Atlassians March 27, 2012

I need the same feature. I am currently looking into using the search provider and a 3rd party tool/JS to highlight the search words, but it would be great if there is a confluence plugin for this.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

What version of Confluence are you using? On 4.2.3, for example, the search term is highlighted on the SERP (Search Engine Result Page) in bold.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events