Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide table columns while using excerpt macro

diego.orozco October 29, 2019

Hi,

Im using the excerpt macro tu add one table from one page to another, but i need to hide some columns. 

How can i do this?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Hi Diego,

You can apply Table Filter macro to the included table to hide columns.

preeti arun December 3, 2019

@Andrey Khaneev [StiltSoft]  - When I am using excerpt Include for mirroring the master table to another page .. in the edit mode I don't see the table .. I only get to see the excerpt Include macro and edit option for that.. how can one apply the filter to the tables which are mentioned under excerpt include Macro???

Same issue I am facing with Table excerpt Include Macro.

My requirement is I have a table with 7 different columns on page 1 and Page 2 I want 3 of the original 7 but add a few more extra columns.

@Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_  - I can add the filter but how can I add new columns to the mirror table??

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeffry Gamba October 29, 2019

Hi Diego,

I think there is no way to hide the columns if you are using an excerpt. Better copy the table and remove the columns you want to hide.

Thanks!

0 votes

@Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_  - When I am using excerpt Include for mirroring the master table to another page .. in the edit mode I don't see the table .. I only get to see the excerpt Include macro and edit option for that.. how can one apply the filter to the tables which are mentioned under excerpt include Macro???

Same issue I am facing with Table excerpt Include Macro.

My requirement is I have a table with 7 different columns on page 1 and Page 2 I want 3 of the original 7 but add a few more extra columns.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

There are two approaches:

1. Let's use three pages: Page A with 7 columns, Page B with 3 + 3 columns and Source Page with 10 columns. Source Page contains Table Excerpt macro with a 10 columns table:

2019-12-04_15h28_34.png

Page A includes this table and hides columns 8-10:

2019-12-04_15h29_39.png2019-12-04_15h30_13.png2019-12-04_15h30_43.png

Page B is similar to Page A, but hides columns 4-7.

Like Tiago Cardoso likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2019

The second approach consists of two pages: Page A and Page B.

Page A has a table with 7 columns:

2019-12-04_15h33_33.png

The numbering column is used further on Page B. Page B has:

1. Table Excerpt Include macro.
  2. The second table with 3 new columns and the numbering column.
  3. Table Transformer to lookup tables with 7 and 3 columns. The numbering column is used as an ID for lookup.
  4. Table Filter macro hides columns 4-7.

2019-12-04_15h41_13.png2019-12-04_15h41_31.png2019-12-04_15h42_03.png

preeti arun December 5, 2019

Thanks much @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_  for clear instruction, i was able to figure it out but unfortunately my organization is yet to upgrade the Table filter and Chart for confluence plug-in. We are still on  Version: 4.5.3”

Once the version is upgraded i'll work as you suggested and post my query (if any).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events