It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide table columns while using excerpt macro

Hi,

Im using the excerpt macro tu add one table from one page to another, but i need to hide some columns. 

How can i do this?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Diego,

I think there is no way to hide the columns if you are using an excerpt. Better copy the table and remove the columns you want to hide.

Thanks!

Hi Diego,

You can apply Table Filter macro to the included table to hide columns.

@Andrey Khaneev [StiltSoft]  - When I am using excerpt Include for mirroring the master table to another page .. in the edit mode I don't see the table .. I only get to see the excerpt Include macro and edit option for that.. how can one apply the filter to the tables which are mentioned under excerpt include Macro???

Same issue I am facing with Table excerpt Include Macro.

My requirement is I have a table with 7 different columns on page 1 and Page 2 I want 3 of the original 7 but add a few more extra columns.

@Andrey_Khaneev__StiltSoft_  - I can add the filter but how can I add new columns to the mirror table??

@Andrey_Khaneev__StiltSoft_  - When I am using excerpt Include for mirroring the master table to another page .. in the edit mode I don't see the table .. I only get to see the excerpt Include macro and edit option for that.. how can one apply the filter to the tables which are mentioned under excerpt include Macro???

Same issue I am facing with Table excerpt Include Macro.

My requirement is I have a table with 7 different columns on page 1 and Page 2 I want 3 of the original 7 but add a few more extra columns.

There are two approaches:

1. Let's use three pages: Page A with 7 columns, Page B with 3 + 3 columns and Source Page with 10 columns. Source Page contains Table Excerpt macro with a 10 columns table:

2019-12-04_15h28_34.png

Page A includes this table and hides columns 8-10:

2019-12-04_15h29_39.png2019-12-04_15h30_13.png2019-12-04_15h30_43.png

Page B is similar to Page A, but hides columns 4-7.

The second approach consists of two pages: Page A and Page B.

Page A has a table with 7 columns:

2019-12-04_15h33_33.png

The numbering column is used further on Page B. Page B has:

1. Table Excerpt Include macro.
  2. The second table with 3 new columns and the numbering column.
  3. Table Transformer to lookup tables with 7 and 3 columns. The numbering column is used as an ID for lookup.
  4. Table Filter macro hides columns 4-7.

2019-12-04_15h41_13.png2019-12-04_15h41_31.png2019-12-04_15h42_03.png

Thanks much @Andrey_Khaneev__StiltSoft_  for clear instruction, i was able to figure it out but unfortunately my organization is yet to upgrade the Table filter and Chart for confluence plug-in. We are still on  Version: 4.5.3”

Once the version is upgraded i'll work as you suggested and post my query (if any).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you