Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide sidebar to specific user (confluence 6.6)

SDB Admin April 12, 2018

Hello

I created this user macro to completely hide sidebar (I don't want the sidebar to be seen in any way) in Confluence 6.6.1 

## Macro Name: hide-sidebar
<script>
$(window).load(function() {
$('body#com-atlassian-confluence.theme-default.aui-layout.aui-theme-default div#page div#full-height-container div.ia-splitter div.ia-fixed-sidebar').hide();
$('body#com-atlassian-confluence.theme-default.aui-layout.aui-theme-default div#page div#full-height-container div.ia-splitter div#main.aui-page-panel').css('margin-left', '0');
});
</script>

This is applied to a single Space in "Look & Feel" -> "Sidebar, header & footer" area, using wiki markup.

How can I change this user macro in order to apply it only to a specific user? I mean something like this

if (user-info:username =="Charlie") then

Thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2018

Hi Stefano, 

this should do it:

## @noparams

#set( $username = "$req.getRemoteUser()" )
#if($username.equals("Charlie"))
<script>
$(window).load(function() {
$('body#com-atlassian-confluence.theme-default.aui-layout.aui-theme-default div#page div#full-height-container div.ia-splitter div.ia-fixed-sidebar').hide();
$('body#com-atlassian-confluence.theme-default.aui-layout.aui-theme-default div#page div#full-height-container div.ia-splitter div#main.aui-page-panel').css('margin-left', '0');
});
</script>
#else
do-nothing
#end
SDB Admin April 13, 2018

It works perfectly!

I only deleted the " #else do-nothing" rows because text "do-nothing" can be written into the page.

Thank you very much Thomas! :)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2018

You're welcome, @SDB Admin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events