Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide pages from the sidebar

Francois-Alexandre_Perreault August 27, 2019

I'm looking for a way to hide pages from the sidebar.

Quick explanation here : We have a lot of public documentation for our users but some fits for them, some doesn't. I want them to be able to access a page when I give them the link to the documentation but I don't want them to be able to simply use the sidebar to navigate through all available documentation.

The best way for me to do that would be to make every page an orphan page but it feels weird to have to create a parent page and then delete it. I figured also that if I went into the content tool and drag and drop my page out of the space home page it would be hidden when visiting another page but I still see all pages out of the tree from there :

test.PNG

So in this picture I'm viewing "zzzzzzz" so I would like "TEST" to be hidden.

Is that possible from Confluence Cloud at all or should I just give up and switch everyone over to Server.

2 answers

0 votes
Nicole September 4, 2019

I have the same need to hide pages from the page tree.

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Hi @Francois-Alexandre_Perreault ,

You can try using Page Restrictions to control who would be able to view which pages - one way of restricting user access to selected pages.

Thanks

Sireesha

Francois-Alexandre_Perreault August 27, 2019

That will only do :

- Opened for everyone to see

- Opened for specific people on my account

It does not fit my needs as I want it to be available to anyone that has the link to it I just want to hide the sidebar or hide the other pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events