Hide page tree on public space

ACat January 7, 2022

Hi all,

I've searched and found articles but haven't been able to implement a solution.

We have a public space for knowledge base articles, but I only want people to be able to go to articles if they have the direct link. Thus, I want to turn off page navigation. I'm running the cloud version and cannot find a way to do this. 

Can anyone assist? Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Akinyemi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Hello! My name’s David Akinyemi and I’m a Product Manager at Atlassian. Thanks a lot for your feedback. As we’re continuing to improve this feature, understanding use cases like yours is super important. From my understanding, the main ask is for public facing Confluence pages to only be accessible through links and hidden within the public space.

We don’t currently support this but a potential alternative approach that you can use right now while we are understanding how we can implement this feature in our roadmaps is archiving the page. Archiving the page means it will not be deleted but will only be accessible throughout the link attached to it. Thanks again for your feedback.

Cheers,

David Akinyemi | Atlassian Product Manager

ACat January 26, 2022

Thanks David,

we’ll look at implementing this thanks. 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2022

Hi @ACat 

Use Private Gists in GitHub. This has the feature to share private Gists if they have only the link.

And Use this Plugin to include Gists in Confluence to share the pages

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211649/github-gists-in-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Thanks,
Pramodh

ACat January 11, 2022

Thanks Pramodh.

I was hoping for something a little more native. Last thing we really want to introduce is yet another system to link to another system. 

I'm really surprised that Confluence can't do this as it seems like a such a logical use for the platform.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events