cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide draft after edit

Patrick van der Rijst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

Hi,

All confluence-users can create and edit pages. For our workflow we use:

New page

1) Create page -> Status: "ready" and view/edit restrictions are set to the creator and confluence-moderators.

2) Page is approved -> Status: "published" and restrictions are removed. Everyone is able to see this page now.

Edit page

1) User edits page -> Status: "ready"

Now the issue is, is that all confluence-users are able to see the version "ready". Is there a way, that only the editor (and maybe creator) and confluence-moderators see the "ready" page and all other users still the "published" page? When setting the view/edit restriction the page would be completely hidden to other users, that's also not what we want.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrick van der Rijst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

Miquel provided exactly what we need.

{workflow:name=HW4all}
{workflowparameter:Reviewers|description=Reviewers group|type=group}
hw4all-moderators
{workflowparameter}
{state:Draft|approved=Published}
{approval:Review|group=@Reviewers@}
{state}
{state:Published|final=true|updated=Draft}
{state}
{trigger:pagecreated}
{set-metadata:Author}@user@{set-metadata}
{trigger}
{trigger:pagecreated|group=!@Reviewers@}
{add-restriction:type=View|user=@user@}
{add-restriction:type=View|group=@Reviewers@}
{trigger}
{trigger:pagecreated|group=@Reviewers@}
{set-state:Published}
{trigger}
{trigger:pageupdated}
{set-metadata:Author}@user@{set-metadata}
{trigger}
{trigger:statechanged|state=Draft|group=!@Reviewers@}
{add-restriction:type=Edit|user=@user@}
{add-restriction:type=Edit|group=@Reviewers@}
{send-email:user=@Reviewers@|subject=Page ready for approval}
The page @page@ is waiting for your approval.
{send-email}
{trigger}
{trigger:statechanged|state=Draft|group=@Reviewers@}
{set-state:Published}
{trigger}
{trigger:pagerejected|approval=Review}
{send-email:user=@Author@|subject=Page rejected}
Your page @page@ has been rejected by @user@.
@approvalcomment@
{send-email}
{trigger}
{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Review}
{send-email:user=@Author@|subject=Page approved}
Your page @page@ has been approved by @user@.
@approvalcomment@
{send-email}
{trigger}
{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Review}
{remove-restriction:type=View}
{remove-restriction:type=Edit}
{trigger}
{workflow}

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2014

Take a look on the show-to Macro from Visibility-Plugin.

Patrick van der Rijst
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2014

You can use that within the adhoc workflow? Still, how to show the "published" version to everyone and the "ready/draft" version to the editor, creator and group X?

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2014

sorry, I have missed that adhocworkflowlabel ...

But in general, the show-to macro allows you to show the content of the macro to the defined people and groups. Besides the adhoc workflows. This would be an option to hide the draft from the "regular" user . And your published content can exist beside the one in the show-to macro.

The other option is, to use one space as working space and use a copy mechanism to publish the content in another space, just to view it there. Take a look on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.comalatech.publishing

Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the assist but yeah we answered it through a private ticket which Patrick had also logged with us.

Also Patrick, if you wanted to you can post the workflow in case others want to see it, but I'll leave that up to you.

Miguel

Rashmi Nema July 12, 2018

Hi,

I am also trying the same thing like New changes should not be visible to all users until it comes in publish state. The can see the last published page meanwhile.

I tried the workflow given by Miguel but it is not working It is restricting the page completely for users means they are getting an error "page is restricted".

Kindly help me out.

Thanks,

Rashmi

Dennis December 9, 2019

Hello Rashmi. 

Did you find a solution to this? We are currently also looking into this issue. 

Br. Dennis

Rashmi Nema December 9, 2019

Hi Dennis

Yes, I got the solution. Go to comala workflows from space tools and then click to Configuration tab.

You will see Workflow Activity and Drafts Visibility to admins and editors. 

Also set default view to Published. 

In this way other users who don't have edit access to the space can't see the latest changes until it gets published.

Do let me know if it helps you. 

Thanks, 

Rashmi 

Dennis December 9, 2019

Hi Rashmi. Thanks for the response. 

I looked into it and we are using the Comala Document Control (cloud edition), so we do not have access to those capabilities with our current setup. 

Thanks anyway :) 

//Dennis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events