Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide discover section for a user group

Arno van Hemert November 15, 2017

I created a usergroup for read access to one single space. this usergroup is for a specific group of users. As the users are external from our organization I want to hide the Discover section only for this group. I read an article about hiding the section for al users however I want this to be done for a single group. Is that possible?

The article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-hide-all-updates-or-popular-function-from-the-dashboard-879956248.html

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

I'm afraid that doc is an all-or-nothing change.  There's no code in the core of Confluence that enables such a hide function - you would need to write something that replicates the functions of the gadget and is group-aware.

Arno van Hemert November 15, 2017

That's also what I want to do. Question is which code do I need to use

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

I would download the code for Confluence and look at the add-on stuff - the dashboards are made up of (mostly) discrete add-ons which you could compile independently and add them to your confluence as replacements.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events