Hide columns from an anonymous confluence user?

Jeffery Page February 23, 2018

I'd like to have a table that has a couple columns that only authenticated users (or specific users/group) can view.

I located this Atlassian article, but am unsure how to put this into a table .
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-display-different-appearance-for-different-users-using-confluence-layouts-296911031.html

Additionally, I am currently using the "Documentation" theme for related reason.

Using Atlassian Confluence 5.10.2. So, this is probably why I am unable to change the "Layout" as the article explains.

1 answer

0 votes
James Ponting
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2018

Hi Jeffery,

I think I might have an answer for this one!

There's a third party plugin called Visibility for Confluence that allows for conditional macros.

This mean you can hide or show content depending on whether a user is logged in or not.

I'd recommend experimenting with it a bit before using it on sensitive data, but it should do the job :)

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

James

Jeffery Page March 20, 2018

This does look useful, however, I was hoping to dodge the plugin option.

James Ponting
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Hi Jeffery,

Could you provide some additional information as to why you're hoping to avoid using plugins?

With the method linked in your original question, I'm not sure that it's possible to use it just in a table. I believe it's less precise than that.

Thanks,

James

Jeffery Page April 10, 2018

Its just our work environment. Using a plugin (read: ANY software) creates a lot of extra work due to licensing. We have quite the process for vetting and accepting.

My other thought, is I could just duplicate the table. Show one when not logged in and the other while logged in.

Rodney September 6, 2019

Also 95% of all paid plugins are overpriced.  So many plugins that only do a few small things but they are like a $0.50 to $1 a user this adds up fast. There are too many small little plugins that cost way too much to make it viable, especially when you start going over 10 users.  Some are perpetual which may be okay in some cases, others are monthly and yearly which is just out of hand after a while.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events