Hide child pages in tree without creating orphans?

I have a page called Policies that will have dozens of pages underneath it.  I would like to retain their hierarchy but not show them under "Policies" on the navigation tree.  Is it possible to do this without css or javascript?

2 answers

Not sure how you aim to link to those pages, but you can hide the pages by putting them under a different parent and moving that parent above the space's home page.

Milo's suggestion will work to an extent, but as soon as you open one of those policy pages the sidebar will display the page hierarchy.

However, you can disable the display of either page tree or child pages navigation (via "Configure Side" in the bottom-left of the screen). You may then either need to manually create your navigation structure or use wiki markup via a custom sidebar element (via Space Tools > Look and Feel > Sidebar, header and footer) to recreate it in some way.

BTW it would help to understand the outcome you are trying to achieve by hiding those child pages in the sidebar navigation - we might be able to suggest an alternative approach smile

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

372 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you