Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide banner on particular confluence page?

Therese Lalor July 30, 2014

In my space, I have configured the Documentation theme to include a banner at the top of each page.

However, I do not want the banner to appear on the home page. I found some code which I have been using to hide the sidebar on the home page (see below)

<script>
  var selectors = ['#splitter-sidebar','.vsplitbar', '#splitter-button', 'header-menu-bar']; 
  AJS.$.each(selectors, function(){ 
    AJS.$(''+this).hide(); 
  });
  AJS.$('#splitter-content').css({'width':'100%', 'left':'0'});
</script>

I was hoping to modify this code to also hide the banner. However, I can not find the selector name for the banner anywhere.

Does anyone know what the selector name is?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

I believe this is what you want. Any modern browser these days has a developer tools feature. This is super hand for figuring out stuff like this. Do some googling on debugging css with developer tools.

#theme-header {
    display: none;
}

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2014

Does this css work for you?

Therese Lalor August 4, 2014

I just tested it and it worked! Brilliant. Thanks so much

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2014

May be you could use the html macro to add some CSS to the page and hide banner.

Therese Lalor July 31, 2014

That is exactly my intention.This issue is that without knowing the selector /variable name for the banner, I can't tell it what to hide!

Essentially I have the code to say "hide X", but I can't figure out what X is.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events